Q. Can HIV cause cold after sexual intercourse?

Answered by Dr. Rashi Verma and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hiv Testing or Cold? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 28-year-old boy. Recently, I had sex with a lady. We are working together, and two weeks before only her visa got renewed. While the visa stamping time, they check all procedures and tests. About her, she is divorced and separated before one year back. Since one year she lived alone and no sexual relations with anybody. About her Ex-husband, his background was not good. He had a relationship with other girls I heard. But right now both of them are living in the healthy conditions. There is no significant medical problems.

Past four months, we had a good relationship (sexual). My problem is this, recently I got a fever, and I took medicine. Then I was fine. But the cold is not getting cured. Frequently it is coming. Actually here the weather is a little cold now a days. But no weight loss or no other problems. Just cold and headache. Headace sometimes but cold regularly. Can you please advice, is it related to my sexual life? Should I go for any test? Can the HIV virus be hidden for a very long time? Could you please tell me once it is infected how many weeks will it take to identify? Actually, I am planning to marry her.