Q. What are the criterias to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?

Dr. Simy Mathew
Published on Oct 16, 2018

How to know if a baby is getting the right amount of milk?

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrics
#

The ways to know if the baby is getting an adequate amount of feed are as follows. The baby sleeps well for two hours post an adequate feed. Baby passes 6 to 8 times urine. Baby has a weight gain of 25 to 30 gm per day. These are the three main points determining the adequacy of the feed in babies.

Kindly suggest some medicine to improve breast milk.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old married female. My baby is 40 days old. I am unable to breastfeed her. Please suggest me some medicine to improve my breast milk.  Read Full »

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full »