Q. What are the side effects of Foracort inhaler?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Published on Aug 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I am suffering from bronchitis. Should I use Foracort inhaler before or after the workout? Does Foracort inhaler cleanse the lungs? How does Foracort work on lungs? What are the side effects?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• As you rightly said, Foracort inhaler (combination of Budesonide and Formoterol) is advised for asthmatic bronchitis. It must be taken before any workout.
  • This kind of inhaler controls the inflammation in the airways and widens its caliber. So on long term use, your asthma is kept under control.
  • There are no major side effects of the inhaler. But if used in high doses for long periods, then it can cause osteoporosis, sugar imbalance and growth retardation in children. The most important are local side effects like dyspnea and oral thrush.
  • To avoid these side effects, you must gargle with water immediately after taking the inhaler and spit out. Local deposition of the drug causes these side effects.
  • Also, do not forget to take inhaler regularly. For relieving symptoms, Levolin inhaler (Levosalbutamol) should be taken as required.
  • Meet your doctor every three months to adjust the dose of the inhaler. Thank you.

For further information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

Can i give Levolin nebulization instead of Levolin Syrup?

Query: Hello doctor,My 3-year-old daughter has a fever and wheezing but no cough for the last two days. A doctor prescribed Asthalin Syrup 5 mL, Omnacortil solution, Monticope, Lecope, and Paracetamol. But still, the wheezing is severe midnights. Can I give her Levolin Syrup instead of ...  Read Full »

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

What is Montair LC Kid used for?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her...  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now