Q. How to cure my father's severe cold and cough?

Answered by Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Asthma or Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to cure my father's severe cold and cough?

My father is 66 years old. He is having severe cough and cold for more than a month. He took Clavam 625 mg for five days. Along with that, he also took Foracort 200 mcg inhaler twice a day and Nasonex inhaler twice a day, but there was no relief.

Then, our chest specialist suggested Nebulizer with Budecort 0.5 mg twice a day for 15 days. After taking this too there was no relief. Then, he took Omnacortil 30 mg (Prednisolone) and Montair LC once a day for five days. He is prediabetic, but the medicines have not been started so far.

Please suggest me some advice.