Q. My daughter has developed an asthmatic cough. Please suggest a remedy.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 07, 2019

My daughter is 3 years and seven months old. She is a healthy kid. After two and a half years, we observed that she repeatedly catches a cold and cough. The cold lasts for more than two weeks followed by a cough. Her under eye becomes dark. She breathes with her mouth and keeps her mouth open all the time. She once coughed continuously and we rushed her to the emergency room. She was admitted and a nebulization with oxygen was given. Our family doctor said that it was rhinitis and that due to the persistent cold, she has developed the asthmatic cough. She had wheezing last winter. Currently, we use Asthalin, Budecort inhaler, and Montair LC Kid syrup. Her cold is allergic, but the allergy test was negative. Even a slight climate change affects her. Please suggest a remedy.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• The Asthalin inhaler (Salbutamol) will need to be given if there is a cough or cold for a week.
  • Continue Montair LC Kid (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) as daily dosing and observe. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

Are there any side effects for the Budecort inhaler and Montair LC Kid? How long should it be given? Also, is this an allergic disease? I live in a first-floor apartment and my house is extra cold. The flooring becomes too cold in winters. Will this impact my child? Also, there are green algae on the outside walls. Are her health issues due to that? Because I read somewhere that mold is dangerous and can cause health issues. Do I need to change my home?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Welcome back to icliniq.com.

• Do not change your house. Get the wall cleaned. It will definitely make a difference.
  • There are no major side effects of the Budecort inhaler and Montair LC Kid if used for a long time.

| 

The recent symptom is that her eyes are watering. Her right eye is flowing. We observe her face is not normal and her under eye area is swollen. She is sneezing every morning two to three times. Right now, there is no cough or cold. What are these symptoms and what to take for this?Are they suggestive of some major illness? As of now, there are no asthma symptoms. Last week, her calcium level was down. So, we started Calimax P syrup 5 ml twice daily. Today she is complaining of a pain in the stomach after taking the syrup. Please suggest a medicine for this overall case.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• The eye is probably watering due to the nasal congestion. Please continue Montair LC.
  • The pain in the stomach is mostly due to gas because the child may be mouth breathing due to the cough. You can give syrup Colicaid (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone) 5 ml if there is abdominal pain. No need to change syrup Calcimax (Elemental Calcium).

|