iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsbruxismMy 5-year-old daughter creates teeth cluttering sounds at night. Why?

Can deworming stop the teeth cluttering in my five year old daughter?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 3, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 30, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My daughter is 5 years old and recently started making teeth clattering noise during sleep at night. We have never got deworming done for her. The doctor suggested giving 400 mg of Albendazole syrup around two weeks back, but the problem still persists. Should we give a dose of Bandy plus? If yes, what should be the dosage? What should be the starting age for deworming and till what age should it be continued? And, is it to be administered every six months?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

1. Please note that there is no relation between teeth clattering and deworming.

2. I would rather get her teeth examined to know if there are any dental caries or any malpositioning issues. These are some of the causes for the child to feel some sort of irritation in the teeth, which may eventually lead to making teeth clattering sound. Please consult a pediatric dentist, get it examined and take their opinion.

3. Deworming can be done every six months. You can give Albendazole 400 mg once at night every six months for deworming. You can stop deworming by age of six to eight years. There are no fixed criteria for that.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy