Q. I have jaw discomfort and misaligned bite. How to correct them?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

I am 18 years old. I have jaw discomfort and a misaligned bite. I have not removed my wisdom tooth, and I have a habit of popping the jaw. I usually put my palm over the jaw near my ear, and there will be a pop. I have a gum tissue behind my molar, and I am unable to close my left side of my mouth completely. Please give me a solution.

#

Check your temporomandibular joint X-ray first. It sounds like a TMJ problem called a lockjaw. Depending upon the degree of damage, you require treatment. The most common solution is wearing a splint every day to prevent a rough sliding of joints. Since you are 18 years old, it is not mandatory to remove all the wisdom tooth. But if these cause the joint discomfort, then it is better to do an extraction of all the wisdom tooth. I advise you visit an oral and maxillofacial surgeon and the doctor will give an accurate treatment plan.

|