Deworming

Is apple cider vinegar suggested for deworming pinworms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I think I have pinworms. My butt (perineal and anus area) kept vibrating like a cellphone, about once every two seconds, all day. I started taking probiotics and now it is not as constant, but happens many times a day still. I researched it, and some peopl...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will advise not to use the apple cider vinegar, but garlic and carrots can be taken, and they will help in further elimination of the pinworms. It will come out only through your anus, and not through anywhere else. You have taken the pin...  Read Full »

How to manage constipation in a 4-year-old child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 years and 10 months old. His weight is 16.3 kg, and height is 3'6". He had blood in stool six months ago and was treated with antibiotics. Now he has gas in belly, constipation. He was tested for occult blood in stool was found negative. Deworming was done the previous wee...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Please increase water consumption for the child and reduce the amount of bread and bread products that may or may not be consumed. 2. As of now, you can start the child on some laxative like syrup Duphalac (Lactulose) which will help the child to pass stool. Plea...  Read Full »

Does my kid have loose motions due to packaged milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 months old and 8 kg weight. He is having loose motion over a week. I have given him Oflomac-M and Sporlac tablet twice a day. As he did not suffice, stopped giving him Amul milk and started Isomil. Later he was fine for the next 2 days and when I started back Amul milk since...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. By what you quote it seems that your child has probably got lactose intolerance, resistant stomach infection or worm infestation. I think you should do stool r...  Read Full »

Is chewing sponge an indication of any deficiency in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 11 years old, is found to chew sponge. She will not swallow but used to chew it. Could it be due to any deficiency? Otherwise, she is normal and healthy. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. 11 year old child chewing sponge could be due to two possible reasons which are as follows.This could be a habitual thing. It has been noticed in some children that they have a habit of chewing things, lip-smacking, making noisy sounds during breathing, etc. For these hab...  Read Full »

Please suggest some cure for pruritis ani.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a skin condition. As per my research, it could be pruritus ani. But I am sure I would get a proper and accurate diagnosis from your end. I have a severe itchy bum and have been suffering from the same for almost eight years. I have never had the courage to consult a dermatologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns as I have analyzed each detail that you have provided. I have managed lots of cases with matching condition and feel that you too will make good use of the information and suggestions. First please get your stool tests done on three conse...  Read Full »

Medicine for stomach pain and vomiting in a child

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6.5 years old complaining of stomach pain. She vomited once. What medicine should I give for the quick relief?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Most common abdominal pain in children at this age is due to worm infestation and indigestion. If deworming is not done, do it with Bandy plus syrup (5 ml is equal to 400 mg Albendazole and Ivermectin 2.5 mg). Give 5 ml once in the night. If ...  Read Full »

Why has my 11 month old baby not put on weight from the last three months?

Query: Hi doctor, My 11 month old baby has not put on any weight. Her weight is 6.5 kg now. She has been in the same weight with no increase from the past 3 months. She does not eat any other solid or semi-solid food except breast milk. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Kishore

Paediatrician, Paediatric Surgeon, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The amount of food eaten would vary from child to child. Decreased intake, fussy child, and worm infestation are commonest causes for decreased weight gain. I would suggest a deworming for your baby. A single dose of Syrup Albendazole 400 mg will suffice. Also, I wo...  Read Full »

What are the causes of my iron-deficiency anemia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male, who until recently was in relatively good health, other than idiopathic severe osteoporosis and depression. Over the past six months, I have become lethargic, out of breath after very simple tasks, and loss of memory. My primary doctor noticed that my hemoglobi...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: CT with contrast helps us in looking for any structural abnormalities. If there are any strictures (narrowed areas) or any masses (like carcinoma), then ba...  Read Full »

My 3.5 years old son is very lean. Please suggest some medicines and a diet chart.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old son, who weighs 14 kg, is very active and he likes to play all day. But, he is not gaining any weight, and he is very lean. He takes his meal properly, but he defecates twice or thrice daily. Do I have to worry? Or is it normal? Any diet chart or medicine recommendati...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that 14 kg is fine for a 3.5 years old child. Since this is a growing phase, children become taller, which actually makes the parent think that the child is thin. Do not worry about this. Also, you can reduce giving him outside food, and I suggest you give de...  Read Full »

What shall I do for heavy periods and anemia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have had irregular and painful periods since I started my first periods in 13. I have a kid, who is 3 now. It was a normal vaginal delivery and I did have a fibroid that came out later that day. But as of lately, I have been having a very pink tinted discharge with...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are feeling better now. Have you been started on Iron tablets? I would suggest tablet Livogen XT (combination of Iron, Folic acid and Zinc sulfate) once at night with a glass of lime juice for better absorption. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss...  Read Full »