Q. Will nerve damage cause feet pain?

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

I have pain in my right feet and on the right side of my feet. It started on its own. I did not have any sprain or injury. If I press my feet from right side little bit also it pains like too much and I can scream. Can it be nerve pain ?

I am diagnosed with diabtetes and my HbA1c is 7.4. Also can it be due to nerve damage? I keep getting these kind of pain almost every month now. I used to think uric acid and took Febustat. It looks like a sprain but I had no injury or accident.

#

Pain in the foot in diabetic patients may be due to plantar fasciitis or peripheral neuropathy or charcots joints or peripheral vascular disease or gouty arthritis or cellulitis, etc. Please get an X-ray of foot and ankle, get it done color doppler and nerve conduction study. Elevate the limb during resting position. Use Tramadol with Paracetamol twice a day for five days. If symptoms are not improved please consult your physician. he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

Actually it can be due to gout also as I have little high uric acid also and I always thought it is due to gout. But how to differentiate between nerve pain or gout? Can pressing the feet increase pain due to nerve damage or diabetic? If I put pressure on right side of feet it pains. Is it the symptom of nerve pains?

#

Pressing the feet or weight bearing may lead to pain may be due to plantar fasciitis. So physical therapy with pain killer medication may be useful. Wearing soft chappal instead of hard shoes may be useful. If no improvement please follow up with me. Take care.

|