Plantar Fasciitis

Please suggest treatment for heel spurs.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are traction issues, which then subsequently lead to inflammation of your plantar or fascia of the sole, which then causes lots of pain. The solution i...  Read Full »

Why is the pain due to plantar fasciitis not getting better after using a heel pad?

Query: Hi I have been diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Doctor said to use heel pad. Using it but no relief. Pain is increasing gradually. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: hi, welcome to icliniq. Sorry to hear about you being troubled with plantar fascitis. it's a fairly common problem. heel pad is indeed helpful but apart from it you need to stop walking bare foot as much as possible. don't use any accupuncture type of footwear, use soft footwear. contrast bath is ...  Read Full »

What can cause heel pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 67 year old male. I am overweight, mildly diabetic and have high BP. I have pain on backside of my left heel. It increases in the evening. I think I have Achilles tendinitis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your heel region. Also you have stated that you are diabetic, hypertensive and overweight. There are actually many causes of pain in the heel region, so it can be due to plantar fasciitis which is very common in your age group. ...  Read Full »

Can you suggest physiotherapy treatment for plantar fasciitis and knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have a foot pain which was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles, and cushion on the socks. I also have a pain in my right knee, especially on the inner side. I want to know if there are any exercises or st...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The protocol followed by you is good. You should follow that regularly for the next one month. For the plantar fasciitis, I suggest the following: Calf muscle stretching with wall support. Dorsiflexion of the foot with pressure applied by your hand. Hot water f...  Read Full »

How to recover from plantar fasciitis and hip pain?

Query: Hello, I am 60 years old. I have plantar fasciitis from one year and two months. It is getting better, but I wanted a second opinion on my MRI done two months ago. Also, since the past two weeks, I have hip pain from the groin to the outer part of the hip in a semi-circle. It is painful to get in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As far as the plantar fasciitis is concerned, there is evidence on the MRI to suggest that there is some edema on the attachment of the plantar fascia on the calcaneum. As you are gettin...  Read Full »

Can pain in the feet be due to nerve damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my right feet and on the right side of my feet. It started on its own. I did not have any sprain or injury. If I press my feet from right side little bit also it pains like too much and I can scream. Can it be nerve pain ? I am diagnosed with diabtetes and my HbA1c is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the foot in diabetic patients may be due to plantar fasciitis or peripheral neuropathy or charcots joints or peripheral vascular disease or gouty arthritis or cellulitis, etc. Please get an X-ray of foot and ankle, get it done color doppler and nerve conducti...  Read Full »

Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises. When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plant...  Read Full »

What test should I do to know the reason for tingling sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with tingling and needling sensation in my feet from the last one and a half year. It may be peripheral neuropathy. If it so, then what is the treatment for it? Which tests should I undergo to diagnose the reason? I had 10 vitamin B12 injections before two months. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and your question. It may be peripheral neuropathy. I would like to know your age and whether you have diabetes. If you have any back pain radiating to the legs, then it can be a spinal problem. I suppose you do not have back pain. The second p...  Read Full »

Does pain in soles while walking or standing mean plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hello doctor,From the last few months, I am having pain in both the soles. It gets worse when I walk or stand for a long time. Also, it gets worse when I sleep. I suspect it is plantar fasciitis. What remedy do you suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. You need to do the following exercise: Physical therapy. A physical therapist can instruct you in a series of exercises...  Read Full »

I have pain in both feet. Please check X-ray and suggest diagnosis and treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, A 40 year old male having pain in both feet for four to five months. The pain is in the bottom of the feet going from the heel to balls of feet and toes. Enclosed X-ray of feet and foot images. Please suggest diagnosis and treatment. I am not diabetic and uric acid is normal. RA facto...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly this appears to be plantar fasciitis but I could not see your X-rays as it is not attached. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the f...  Read Full »