Plantar Fasciitis

Can hypothyroidism result in voice hoarseness and plantar fasciitis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have hypothyroidism for seven years. I have hoarseness of voice, shortness of breath, hair fall, and plantar fasciitis. Currently, I am taking Eltroxin 50 mg.   Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and currently, you are taking Eltroxin 50 mg (Thyroxine). Please mention whether you are taking the dose from the initial stage. If you have a hoarse voice and joint pain, then it is necessary to increase the dosage. But befor...  Read Full »

Kindly examine my MRI report and provide a treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from right heel pain for the last 11 months. All conservative measures exhausted. I had an MRI today. Can you read the MRI and provide a report?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations on the MRI scan of your right heel below. There is increased thickness observed in the calcaneal insertion of the plantar fascia with increased signal intensity on T1 and TIRM sequence, which suggests plantar fasciitis. Alignment of right ankle...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my right heel when I wake up in the morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain below my right heel when I wake up in the morning. I have this pain for the past month, and now the pain has increased.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your problem. Few questions to ask. 1. Is it only in one heel or both? 2. Is this pain a stabbing in nature? 3. Does it improve with walking? 4. Whether pain re-appears after you start walking or after prolonged rest? 5. Does it wake you up f...  Read Full »

How is plantar fasciitis managed?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 50, is suffering from plantar fasciitis. She lives in a remote area and so, regular physical and ESWT therapy is not feasible. I am planning to buy a portable ESWT device. Will this be helpful and feasible to use them at home without any assistance? Is there any side e...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of foot tissue, can be reduced by decrease weight bearing, by wearing different footwear and by physiotherapy. TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) will not be an effective one. You need to take ultrasound therapy wit...  Read Full »

What causes pain at the back of the calcaneus bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel some pain at the back of my calcaneus bone. The pain is especially after the first step in the morning when I wake up from bed. But, there is no redness or swelling. What is the reason for my pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history of pain on the first step in the morning is consistent with a condition called as plantar fasciitis whereas pain in the back or posterior aspect of the heel is seen in retrocalcaneal bursitis. Can you please specify the exact position of pain with the imag...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment options for knee and foot pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for heel spurs.

Query: Hello doctor, My mom, who is 52 years old, has developed a heel spur on both legs, which was discovered 6 months ago.  Sometimes, it pains a lot. She is currently on Proxym 200, Pantosec and Zelac-B. I have attached her x-ray for your reference. Please advise how to get relief and if any treatment ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned and I can also see heel spurs on the x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are traction issues, which then subsequently lead to inflammation of your plantar or fascia of the sole, which then causes lots of pain. The solution i...  Read Full »

Why is the pain due to plantar fasciitis not getting better after using a heel pad?

Query: Hi I have been diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Doctor said to use heel pad. Using it but no relief. Pain is increasing gradually. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: hi, welcome to icliniq. Sorry to hear about you being troubled with plantar fascitis. it's a fairly common problem. heel pad is indeed helpful but apart from it you need to stop walking bare foot as much as possible. don't use any accupuncture type of footwear, use soft footwear. contrast bath is ...  Read Full »

What can cause heel pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 67 year old male. I am overweight, mildly diabetic and have high BP. I have pain on backside of my left heel. It increases in the evening. I think I have Achilles tendinitis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your heel region. Also you have stated that you are diabetic, hypertensive and overweight. There are actually many causes of pain in the heel region, so it can be due to plantar fasciitis which is very common in your age group. ...  Read Full »

Can you suggest physiotherapy treatment for plantar fasciitis and knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have a foot pain which was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles, and cushion on the socks. I also have a pain in my right knee, especially on the inner side. I want to know if there are any exercises or st...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The protocol followed by you is good. You should follow that regularly for the next one month. For the plantar fasciitis, I suggest the following: Calf muscle stretching with wall support. Dorsiflexion of the foot with pressure applied by your hand. Hot water f...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99