Calcium Score

My Agatston score is 34. Please suggest what has to be done.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39 years old male. I weigh 185 pounds, height is 5.7 feet, and BMI 29. Recently my primary care doctor had a calcium score and stress test done on me and the calcium score (Agatston method) came out 34 and he said I am in the 96th percentile. My stress test was normal. He suggest...  Read Full »

Dr. Nishith Chandra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your stress test is normal, and the calcium score is only 34, one thing is certain that at present there is no significant blockage in your coronary arteries. I was wondering what is the need for a statin, you have not shared your lipid profile report with me. Is ...  Read Full »

I get lymph node enlargement in mouth, legs and neck. Is it lymphoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I was in a car accident four years back. After one week while I was having bath, I felt one small lymph node in my left neck. I did not feel it before. It was little bigger that time. By the time it is getting smaller but not going to its original size. I cannot see it now but I can f...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: No, it is neither lymphoma nor leukemia. There is no cell predominance (either neutrophil or lymphocyte or any immature cells) or the counts are also not high enough to think of leukemia. Lymphoma lymph nodes are usually mul...  Read Full »

How can I increase my flexibility?

Query: Hello doctor, 3 to 4 years ago, I remember myself being very flexible, but now I am not. I play hockey five days a week and I am very active. Legs are not flexible and suffer from cramp a lot. Similarly, my lower back always seems to have knots and always aches. I also suffer from shin splints a lo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are playing a very active game that requires stamina as well as muscle strength. You need to check your thyroid profile, calcium level, 25 (OH) vitamin D level, serum electrolytes, etc., to comment further. If no specific cause is found, then you should take a high ...  Read Full »

If my treadmill test with echo comes normal, can I stop worrying about my PVC and PAC?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 43 years old with PVC and PAC's. Very mildly elevated cholesterol. I had a treadmill test and it said borderline ST segment changes. So, my cardiologist had me do a treadmill with echo (I do not have the results yet). My question is if I get back the treadmill with echo results and...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If treadmill with echo report comes normal, it rules out major blockages in your coronary arteries. For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist  Read Full »

Is it possible that my calcium level is shortening QT interval?

Query: Hello doctor,Is it normal to have QT Interval of 320 ms on frequency 76 bpm for a 20-year-old male? Is it possible that my level of calcium is the thing which is shortening my QT? My calcium is 2,54 mmol/L. Is it too less? I still feel something around my heart, mainly when I am in stress. Currently...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I do not think, you have SQTS (short QT syndrome). I guess you do not have any family history of sudden cardiac death or ventricular tachycardia or of electrical shocks for cardiac reasons...  Read Full »