Q. What are the ways to increase flexibility?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Flexibility or Vitamin D? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

3 to 4 years ago, I remember myself being very flexible, but now I am not. I play hockey five days a week and I am very active. Legs are not flexible and suffer from cramp a lot. Similarly, my lower back always seems to have knots and always aches. I also suffer from shin splints a lot (very common). Please, can you tell me how to prevent these things and increase my flexibility?

Aside from this, I have started to lift weights, to try to build up biceps. My wrists seem to hurt whenever I do it meaning I have to stop. Is there any other way of building biceps or is it something else which I am not doing right.