Q. Kindly explain MR enterography for carcinoma cervix and its management.

My wife was operated for carcinoma cervix seven years back. No CCRT was given. Four years later, it was relapsed. 22 RT and 5 CT were given. Presently she is under regular follow up. For last two years, she has severe abdomen discomfort, crampy pain, and abdomen fullness. Due to all these, she is taking hardly her meal. Recently shown to GI specialist who had advised for MR enterography. The impression of MR enterography is multiple clustered loops of distal ileum in the pelvis, extending upstream from terminal ileum are thickly walled, showing increased mural enhancement, some of them showing luminal narrowing and pericentric fat stranding. Upstream of these clustered loops, there is prominence to mild dilation of the small bowel. This needs correlation with clinical history as a primary inflammatory pathology versus secondary enteritis following radiotherapy or chemotherapy.

Although shown this report to the same doctor, he has not explained the cause of the problem or any serious issue. He advised for two months medicine tablet Librax thrice in a day, capsule A to Z once in a day and Cremaffin. She has been taking these medications for last three weeks but no respite. I request for your advice. Especially root cause of problem or severity or seriousness and treatment.

#

The symptoms and MRI findings are features of radiation-induced fibrosis in the intestine. It is one of the side effects of radiation and is treated by symptomatic treatment as no specific treatment is available and is generally considered benign condition. However sometimes may need surgical correction.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Any medicine from your side for her? Or can she continue with the medicine prescribed by GI specialist?

#

If she is getting colics, she can take Drotin (Drotaverine) 40 mg twice a day for few days, in addition to the medications that she is already taking.

|