Q. I had abdomen pain and the scan showed a 3 mm polyp in the gallbladder. Is it normal?

Last month I had pain in the upper abdomen. I had taken an abdomen scan, and the impression was 3 mm polyp in the gallbladder. The doctor had asked me to come after a month for follow-up, two days back, I had repeated the scan, and the impression is 3 mm polyp. It still remains the same. There is a renal increase, and cortical echogenicity correlates with creatine. I have done the renal function test. It is normal, what should I do?

#

This gallbladder polyp is probably not the reason for your pain.

It is probably because of gastritis.

I would recommend following in such case scenario to my patients:

1. Capsule Pan D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) once daily in an empty stomach for seven days.

2. Tablet Equirex (Chlordiazepoxide and Clidinium) twice daily after food.

I would recommend you not to take any painkillers. Your kidney function test is normal, so ultrasound findings could be due to pain killers consumption.

Drink plenty of fluids, and your kidneys would improve.

Good luck.

|