Cardiac Scan

Should I concern about diastolic dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a cardiac CT scan. The report shows LCx - near the origin of the LCx/ramus. There appears to be an arterial communication with an outpouching of the LV anterior to the left pulmonary veins. There is no coronary artery dilatation that one may expect in a coronary LV fist...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In case of next time, please always upload or give information on the complete result of an investigation. It helps to explain the investigation better. The report means simply that there is an anatomical deformity or changes perhaps present in the left ventricula...  Read Full »

My MIBI scan shows ischemia, whereas the angio scan is normal. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old female. Last year my GP recommended me for the MIBI (myocardial perfusion imaging) cardiac scan, and it can out that I have mild anterior wall ischemia (10% total ischaemic burden). He then recommended me for the angio scan, and the result came normal. He advised me...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Myocardial perfusion imaging showed mild ischemia involving 10% of the myocardium, not a large area. Coronary angiography came out normal means all major vessels are normal. There ...  Read Full »

What does my cardiac CT show?

Query: Hi doctor, Just now I got my cardiac CT report. I seek opinion of my radiology report before I see my cardiologist in a couple of weeks. Conclusion is that the stress test and echocardiogram results were fine. The CT cardiac report is as follows: Moderate coronary calcification detected with CAC sc...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of coronary artery disease. But, the good news is that this does not require any intervention treatment if there are no symptoms associated like chest pain on exertion. ...  Read Full »

I have stable angina with 80 % small and 50 % large artery blockages. Is there cardiac a need for cardiac MRI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 70-year-old male. I am under treatment for stable angina for the past three years. 80 % small artery blockage, and 50 % large in certain areas. I am taking Clopidogrel, Nitrates, Amlodipine, etc., with tiny sublingual Nitro, averaged 25 Nitro pills over three months. Occasional...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stable ischemic heart disease for the last three years. You are taking medicines and want to know about the heart in detail for which you want cardiac MRI. You have 50 % blockage in the major coronary artery. As far as your heart condition is concerned, it o...  Read Full »

My cough is persisting in spite of antibiotics. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a cough since 15 days. There is phlegm as well. I tried using so many syrups, antibiotics and Levocetirizine with Montelukast. The X-ray and CBP (complete blood picture) are normal. But, the cough is still persisting and troubling me. What do you suggest?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have a cough from two weeks along with expectoration. You have taken antibiotics and antiallergic medicines, but you have not mentioned the name of the antibiotic which you have taken. I would suggest a few things: Any person wit...  Read Full »

Can a cardiac MRI show anything in regards to pulmonary hypertension?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question regarding cardiac MRI. I have one biannually because I have congenital heart disease. My question is whether or not that type of imaging shows pictures of the lungs and, if so can it show anything in regards to pulmonary hypertension? I had a heart cath seven years a...  Read Full »

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To know the picture of the lung, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the lung can be obtained. In your case, it is the assessment of pulmonary hypertension evaluation. Cardiac MRI is done for accurate assessment of right ventricle structure and f...  Read Full »