Q. Kindly provide your opinion regarding my cardiac CT.

This is a premium question & answer published on May 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

Just now I got my cardiac CT report. I seek opinion of my radiology report before I see my cardiologist in a couple of weeks. Conclusion is that the stress test and echocardiogram results were fine. The CT cardiac report is as follows: Moderate coronary calcification detected with CAC score of 134 which is more than 90th for his age and gender. There is evidence of vessel remodeling with ectasia in all three coronaries without obvious atherosclerotic change in the affected segments. There is a mild to moderate diffuse non-obstructive disease in the LAD and RCA. There is relative non-atherosclerotic luminal narrowing in the distal LAD compared with the ecstatic segment. I can provide the detailed report. Is it something that can be controlled with lifestyle change or medications? I am on cholesterol medication and my cholesterol is under control. I am also pre-diabetic, which is borderline.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

Your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of coronary artery disease. But, the good news is that this does not require any intervention treatment if there are no symptoms associated like chest pain on exertion.

I would recommend you to do regular exercises and avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.

I would also recommend you anti-platelet drugs like Aspirin for blood thinning and prevention of acute cardiac event.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Is ORS given in case of CKD?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from CKD, and he has a creatinine of 2.7 mg/dL. He also has a CAD and got a heart attack last year. Sometimes, he also has loose motion and vomiting. What can I do now? Should I have to give him ORS or not? Please help.  Read Full »

Could radiation therapy cause T-wave inversion?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 65 year old, hypertensive and diabetic female with T-wave inversion V1 to V6 on ECG. ECHO and TMT have done to evaluate further, which was reported to be normal. The patient is on Metformin XR and Tazloc-H. The patient is asymptomatic. Six months back, ECG did not show t...  Read Full »

I have been having chest pain and palpitations. Can it be coronary artery disease?

Query: Hello doctor,I weigh 197 but was 224 three months ago. I am 5'8" and have no history of heart disease in my family. My blood pressure is a little high and my cholesterol is normal. My LDL was 120 three months ago before I started losing weight. I have been having chest pain for three months now alon...  Read Full »