Q. What causes a soft spot in the middle of forehead in a baby?

Answered by Dr. M.l.kothari and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Cartilage or Calcium Supplements? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My daughter has a soft spot in the middle of her forehead for the past nine months but can only be noticed when she raises her eyebrows or if the lighting is right. When sliding a finger over it you cannot feel anything, the forehead feels normal even when she has her eyebrows raised. It looks like a soft slightly raised lump when you can notice it. I have taken her to the doctors but they could not see anything. I had to show them photos as sometimes it really stands out, other times you cannot see it. What should I do?