Q. What causes a soft spot in the middle of forehead in a baby?

Dr. M.l.kothari
Published on Jun 24, 2019

My daughter has a soft spot in the middle of her forehead for the past nine months but can only be noticed when she raises her eyebrows or if the lighting is right. When sliding a finger over it you cannot feel anything, the forehead feels normal even when she has her eyebrows raised. It looks like a soft slightly raised lump when you can notice it. I have taken her to the doctors but they could not see anything. I had to show them photos as sometimes it really stands out, other times you cannot see it. What should I do?

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrics
#

Small spot in center of forehead is seen in some pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you know skull is made up of 16 small bones, these bones are attached with cartilages and get ossified with times. Due to some gaping, this swelling is seen. Give your kid Calcirol sachet once a week for five weeks, dissolve in two spoon water. Syrup Ostebon (Calcium) one teaspoon full twice a day. Feris drops 1 ml once a day. Zincovit drops one ml once a day. Vitanova drops 0.5 ml once a day. All the above for six months.

| 

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full »

Can low levels of vitamin D and testosterone cause forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 50 year old. My height is 179 cm and weight 85 kg. Recently, I have tested for free testosterone and vitamin D. Both are on lower side. I am also taking Thyronorm 75 mg since last 7-8 years. I have attached my medical file of past health issues. After 7 PM, I feel very low and confu...  Read Full »

I feel like something is stuck inside my throat. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, For few days now, I have a feeling of a lump in my throat, on the right side. It feels like a piece of food or a pill is stuck there, but I know there is nothing. When I press on the outside of my throat, there is a spongy and almost crackling quality to it that does not occur on the ...  Read Full »