Q. What is the normal amount of vitamin that a human should consume a day?

Dr. Albana Greca
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

How many vitamins are too many for a human body? Why should I take vitamins daily, and what are the benefits to daily taking multi-vitamins? Kindly advice.

#

The only problem is when you decide to take Vitamin D and calcium supplements, although in low dosage. This will alter the metabolism, and especially the kidney function leading to stones or precipitating kidney colic. I usually evaluate the foods and drinks what the patients consume, and whole blood levels of vitamins and minerals. Then decide to advise them to start vitamin supplements.

|