Q. What is the normal amount of vitamin that a human should consume a day?

Dr. Albana Greca
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

How many vitamins are too many for a human body? Why should I take vitamins daily, and what are the benefits to daily taking multi-vitamins? Kindly advice.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

The only problem is when you decide to take Vitamin D and calcium supplements, although in low dosage. This will alter the metabolism, and especially the kidney function leading to stones or precipitating kidney colic. I usually evaluate the foods and drinks what the patients consume, and whole blood levels of vitamins and minerals. Then decide to advise them to start vitamin supplements.

Why am I having constipation with hard stools and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old, female. I am suffering from asthma, rhinitis allergy, IBS, ulcerative colitis and osteoporosis, and anemia. My last blood report was of 7.9 hemoglobin. I feel constantly tired and exhausted plus new problem has started that each and every bone pains all the time mos...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get started with Iron and Calcium supplements. Take fiber rich diet and plenty of fluids. Take laxatives and cranberry juice for constipation and bladder symptoms. You can have an active bladder and chronic constipation. Get a urine examination, thyroid profile and pelv...  Read Full

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged. I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full