Q. What is the normal amount of vitamin that a human should consume a day?

Dr. Albana Greca
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

How many vitamins are too many for a human body? Why should I take vitamins daily, and what are the benefits to daily taking multi-vitamins? Kindly advice.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

The only problem is when you decide to take Vitamin D and calcium supplements, although in low dosage. This will alter the metabolism, and especially the kidney function leading to stones or precipitating kidney colic. I usually evaluate the foods and drinks what the patients consume, and whole blood levels of vitamins and minerals. Then decide to advise them to start vitamin supplements.

| 

Why am I having constipation with hard stools and frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old, female. I am suffering from asthma, rhinitis allergy, IBS, ulcerative colitis and osteoporosis, and anemia. My last blood report was of 7.9 hemoglobin. I feel constantly tired and exhausted plus new problem has started that each and every bone pains all the time mos...  Read Full »

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »