Q. Am I taking the right medication for celiac disease and thyroid?

Answered by
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

Hi doctor,

I have done a blood test before 3 months and was diagnosed with celiac disease. I already have thyroid problem which is controlled right now with Thyroxine. The issue is followed by a gluten free diet, I cannot see any progress. I am still losing weight. My skin is pale and dry. I also have abdominal pain, cramps, vomiting and constipation. I am currently taking Thyroxine 150 uq, Movicol, Multivitamins and Vitamin D. When I first did the blood test my ANA result was positive titer of 1:1280 and he suspected fatty liver. Now, when I repeated it, the result remains the same. My doctor is away and I cannot reach him. Do I need to worry?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.

The Probable causes:

1. Your issues are found as a consequence of thyroid disease and celiac disease. This is how the natural course of the disease is.

2. Your symptoms and complications all which you have reported here are due to the same and are quite natural to go with these diseases. Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) titer also is justified to be high with these issues.

3. You need to continue the same medication and there is no need to stop any one of them.

Investigations to be done:

Repeat thyroid profile.

Treatment plan:

1. Take Citrucel dietary fiber (Methylcellulose) supplement.
2. Keep a balanced healthy diet.
3. Take Ondansetron prescription from local physician for vomiting and nausea.
4. Take capsule Perfectil (Multivitamin) once every other day for hair, nails and skin.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back after the investigation to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.