Celiac Disease

What do I get persistent diarrhea, though my abdominal pains stops a month before?

Query: Hello doctor, I have diarrhea three to four times a week, 30-60 minutes after eating dinner. The stool is mushy and has a normal shade of brown color and comes in multiple pieces but the toilet water becomes very cloudy with a dark green sometimes yellowish color. This started after I had mild co...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you must be very upset about your symptoms that have been running for almost over two months. There are few possibilities like peptic ulcer disease (ulcers within the stomach and duodenum a part of the small bowel), and the pain due to pancre...  Read Full »

Are weight loss and gastro issues to gluten diet early symptoms of celiac disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I have no family history with celiac disease. I have quitted eating gluten foods altogether because I have had some bloating, gastrointestinal problems, weight loss, and yellow stools. But then also now I have noticed that I have had liver or gallbladder pains which...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the symptoms you mention are vague and believe me these symptoms can occur in 10+ diseases of the abdomen, but can also occur without having any disease. These symptoms can occur sometimes as physiological changes of the body to food, environment, exercise, and...  Read Full »

How to diagnose stomach problems?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had roti with spinach, which is home made. Today morning, I experienced a stomach bout, but not watery. Should I take a combination of antibiotics Ridol and Ulticept 500 mg along with Metrogyl and Eldoper? I am still feeling uneasy. Please guide me on this. Every 20 days, I...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I was trying to understand your blood work. Is your TSH 14 and HbA1c 7%? The reason why I am concerned about these tests is because hyperthyroidism can cause recurrent diarrhea and if your HbA1c (diabetes) number is high it can also cause diarrhea. You can use the Rido...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to manage H.pylori infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I have been experiencing a wide range of symptoms for nearly a year. It all started in the last summer. I started to experience constant vomiting after eating, bloating and weight loss. Then, I was diagnosed with a Dientamoeba fragilis infection and given a cours...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms can be explained by Helicobacter pylori easily. H.pylori infects the lining of the stomach, causes increased acid production and (gastroesophageal reflux disease) GERD  as one of the main symptoms. It is a pretty common disease worldwide and is...  Read Full »

Why can I not digest dairy products?

Query: Hi doctor, I cannot digest dairy products, oily foods and sweets. These all give me loose motion. What treatment should I take to combat it? My current medication is Normaxin 2.5 mg. In the past, I had Mahacef OZ, Nougat capsules and Ilaprazole during aggravation. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have a few questions for you. Did you get gallbladder surgery in the past? Have you consumed alcohol either in the past or present? If yes, how much? Do you have abdominal pain with the loose stools? Have you seen any worms? Have you seen blood in your stools? Had ...  Read Full »

How is the cause of abdominal bloating diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past one year or more I have been suffering from occasional severe abdominal bloating. But, for the last few months it has been all day. I have been tested for celiac disease and the result was negative. My stomach becomes so big and I cannot walk or when sit. I cannot see or clot...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting blood is a red flag for gastritis, peptic ulcer or erosions in the stomach or duodenum. I would highly suggest you follow up with a gasteroenterologist personally for upper GI endoscopy. If possible get a colonoscopy with biopsy for celiac disease in blood tes...  Read Full »

Does being overweight rule out the possibility of celiac disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a concern about my cholesterol levels and the possibility of an underlying condition. I am a 37 year old female with uncharacteristically low cholesterol. I donate blood regularly which gives me the opportunity to have my total cholesterol level tested. About a year ago, I creat...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I welcome you and want to assure you need not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for celiac and thyroid disease.

Query: Hi doctor, I have done a blood test before 3 months and was diagnosed with celiac disease. I already have thyroid problem which is controlled right now with Thyroxine. The issue is followed by a gluten free diet, I cannot see any progress. I am still losing weight. My skin is pale and dry. I also ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.   Read Full »

How to differentiate celiac disease from deamidated gliadin IgG level?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend had his deamidated gliadin IgG antibody test done recently. The test result is 152. Does it mean that the person is having celiac disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Kini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Deamidated gliadin IgG antibody level of more than 30 is diagnostic of celiac disease. Since the number mentioned by you is 152, it indicates that the person is having celiac disease.  Read Full »

What can cause the stool to float and change color?

Query: Hello doctor, About 18 months ago, my stomach distended, and my stool turned from brown to light brown and eventually yellow. After that, I started to lose weight at a rapid rate, 40 lbs in 15 months. I was given multiple blood tests, an upper endoscopy, and abdominal ultrasounds. The only thing of...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cause of your weight loss could be maldigestion, malabsorption or systemic illness. Improper digestion occurs due to a lack of pancreatic enzymes secretion. Malabsorption occurs due to intestinal issues, for example, Celiac disease, infection or inflammation of t...  Read Full »