Central Serous Retinopathy

Central serous retinopathy refers to the condition in which fluid builds up in the back of the retina in the eye. This can cause suddenly or gradually. It can affect the vision and cause vision loss. Thermal laser treatments, eye injections, and oral medications are used to treat central serous retinopathy.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Kindly suggest whether I have AMRD or CSR on going through the reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. 15 days ago, my left eye vision started getting distorted. I have no pain, and I never had any eye problem nor did anyone in my family. I went to the doctor, and the doctor did not give me any diagnosis so far. After a few scans, first one was taken 10 days ago and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very difficult to comment without examining your retina or your scans. As you mentioned there was blood at the fovea, this is suggestive of wet ARMD (age-related macular degeneration) rather than CSR (central serous retinopathy). Moreover, injection is advised f...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for CSR in the eye?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 44 years old. I have CSR in my right eye. Please tell some solution other than laser treatment. Also, I see floaters in both eyes.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In simple words, CSCR is disease of the retina in which fluid is collected under the retina (central serous chorioretinopathy). It is common in people with stress and taking steroids. If it is the first time, then treatment is not advised until three months as in...  Read Full »

I have liquid in my retina with worsening vision. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am very concerned about an eye condition I have that is getting worse. I recently made an appointment with the hospital and they told me that I have liquid in my retina and that has lifted my retina. They sent me for a small laser test and I am waiting for my appointment. They told ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query it seems you are suffering from central serous retinopathy or CSR. But I cannot be sure because I have not seen you clinically nor I have seen your OCT Macula test result (if you have). However, it can also be liquid within retina or macular edema. B...  Read Full »

How can central serous chorioretinopathy be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with central serous chorioretinopathy. What can I do to improve or cure or prevent reoccurrence? In terms of food, medicines, habits, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Central serous retinopathy is a multifactorial disease. A few modifiable causes of CSR are: 1. Type A personality- a rolling stone, always on the move and stressed out person. 2. Steroid use- can be anything from prescription drugs to herbal medication know to reduce a...  Read Full »

Can dry eyes cause sudden vision obstruction?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel a strange glitch in my vision. It is quite big and takes up a large portion of my central vision. It is neither a shadow nor a flash, it looks like a greasy fingerprint smudge in my vision which disappears quickly. It happens when I blink, but mostly occurs when my eyes move quick...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand Yattinamani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description of symptoms it looks to be non-pathological. It can be due to dryness in the eyes. It will occur when a thick eye secretion covers the cornea, once you blink it will get clear. This needs to be treated with artificial tear drops used hourly.  Oth...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.