Q. Why am I having liquid in my retina with worsening vision?

Dr. Arnab Pal

I am very concerned about an eye condition I have that is getting worse. I recently made an appointment with the hospital and they told me that I have liquid in my retina and that has lifted my retina. They sent me for a small laser test and I am waiting for my appointment. They told me it would not get worse. However, that was a week ago and I feel it is getting worse. It is my left eye, they told me I have lost 40 % of my vision, however, it is getting worse and I feel I have now lost 60 % of my vision. It feels like a cloud, it changes from black to grey. I am very concerned, can you please tell me what you think this is and if you believe it is an emergency case?

#

From your query it seems you are suffering from central serous retinopathy or CSR. But I cannot be sure because I have not seen you clinically nor I have seen your OCT Macula test result (if you have). However, it can also be liquid within retina or macular edema. But the worst case scenario is retinal detachment which require urgent surgery. I guess if it is CSR or edema and they have decided for laser, then you better wait for it because laser will help.

However, I cannot guide you exactly because I do not have your clinical report with me. I can help you however if you send me your clinical report along with what you have been prescribed.

|