Cerebrovascular Accident

What causes right side paralysis with high blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is suffering from right side paralysis. The patient is unable to speak and communicate. Also, the BP level is too high. What is your advise?  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your right side paralysis, communication difficulty along with high blood pressure, I strongly believe that you have developed brain infarction following a cerebrovascular accident. In view of this, please do the following test. CT scan, ECG and chest x-ray...  Read Full »

Why was the patient treated for CVA even with normal scan reports?

Query: Hi doctor,The patient is a 79 year old male with a history of fall. CT and laboratory results showed NAD. But, the patient was treated for CVA. Now, the patient complains of numbness or paresis below waist. What would be the best option now?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. In my view, it is possible that the patient suffered TIA (transient ischemic attack) resulting in a fall and the vascular event was not detected on CT scan. I mean to say that although according to CT he does not need treatm...  Read Full »

How long does it take for a patient to recover from a stroke?

Query: My wife ia diebetic with BP. Suffered CVA(left basal ganglia ICH)with right hemiparesis some months back. She is on insulin (novorepid and lentus), galvusmet 50/500,(last 20 years) Telma 40, Liofen, statin 10, felicita. Of late she feels difficulty in walking.No strenth in lower extremity. Pain in l...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: hello Please tell me little bit details. After ICH, did her power in right leg improved to some extent in last 3 months? or its same? or its got worsened? In which leg she having pain? and since when is that pain? I am mentioning required information (point wise): After ICH, did her power in ...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for an 81-year-old woman?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 81 years old. She had undergone one left shoulder surgery due to a fracture in the neck of the humerus four years ago. She also had experienced a cerebral stroke resulting partial paralysis of the left hand and the left leg. Now, due to a sudden fall on the ground, she also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the images attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother has fractured her right humerus and she also has osteoarthritis in right shoulder and osteoporosis. She had a cerebrovascular accident ca...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my father's shoulder condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am enclosing an MRI report of my father who is 70 years old. I want to know whether an operation is the only available option for his shoulder condition according to the report. If we go for the operation, then what is the success rate? Without an operation, how long will it take to get...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report enclosed by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that there is a rotator cuff tear due to which he must be having a weakness in his affected shoulder. The decision whether surgical procedure is required or ...  Read Full »

May I know the reason for slurred speech in a paralyzed person?

Query: Hi doctor,My dad has been paralyzed for three years now. He was fine, but suddenly his speech is not clear. We cannot understand what he says. May I know why this has happened?  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paralyzed patients have a tendency to get stroke when they have already had it. This could be a recurrence of stroke and the patient should be taken to a hospital as a CT scan without contrast needs to be done to know if he has again developed a stroke. If he has had a...  Read Full »