Cervical Disc Prolapse

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm.What could it be?

Query: Hello Doctor, Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from cervical disc prolapse and radiculitis that means there is involvement of some of the nerve roots that arise from your neck. What is the duration of your problem and what is your job? Your condition might need evaluation with x-ray of the cervical s...  Read Full »

How can cervical prolapse be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old female and I have a severe prolapse. I was told four years ago that I had a problem in my cervix. So was unable to have a ring fitted around the prolapse. I have been told that it is unlikely cancer. Now after having it all this time, I have been told there are alte...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical prolapse has four stages according to severity. In severe cases, surgery is the best solution to relieve the pressure symptoms and to prevent complications such as urinary incontinence. The best solution is hysterectomy but in your case you refused it...  Read Full »

How to get relieved from pain in the left side of the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently suffering from constant numbness in the left side of my body starting from my neck down to my leg. I am experiencing extreme numbness in my arm when I lean to the left side. It is extremely painful. I have a history of a slipped disc in the lower spine. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any disc irritation in the neck may also give you a similar kind of pain. It is always good to rule it out in the initial phase itself. So, I suggest you get an MRI of the neck done. Neck IVDP (intervertebral disc prolapse) can be your probable diagnosis. Avoid lying on...  Read Full »

Can you review my scans to see what is causing the various neurological symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic right leg spasticity, migraines, muscle pain, ataxia, nausea, vertigo, and pins and needles in hands and feet. Please, could you review my scans to see what is the cause of my various neurological symptoms? Is it cervical myelopathy or MS?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are cervical disc problems at many levels and mild cervical spondylosis. There is a neural foraminal compromise and nerve root compression in C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7 cervical disc lev...  Read Full »