Cervical Dysfunctions

Can Thumb Twitching Be A Sign Of Cervical Disc Herniation Worsening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female with asthma. I have cervical disc herniation for 10 years. Over the past 5 months, symptoms were back with tingling, weakness and shooting pain in arms. I tried medications like Celebrex, Lyrica and also massage, physiotherapy, chiropractor and acupuncture, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Neuro Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A herniated disc in the neck can cause three potential problems: Injury and degeneration of the disc can cause neck pain that is not related to nerve problems, and this is not usually a need for surgery. If the disc and bone spurring that form for long-standing prob...  Read Full »

My son has a sharp pain in the temple area if he moves his neck. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, This question is regarding my 10 year old son. He takes professional coaching for badminton and plays for almost four hours daily since the last four months. Ever since he started playing badminton, he complains of occasional neck pain, shoulder pain, and back pain. His coach said that...  Read Full »

Dr. Brungi Mahesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history, the pain is mainly because of postural problems and lack of physical training. The shifting nature of pain is not due to the ice bath. It might be psychological. My advice is to consult a sports physiotherapist and change his postures (postur...  Read Full »

I am suffering from dizziness and neck pain. Could it be due to brain problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently went to the ER for dizziness. My blood work came back normal. I am a 28 year old female. The doctor told me that it was a sinus headache, but nothing seems to change. I still wake up dizzy with neck pain. There could something be wrong with my brain. I am much worried  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. This a common problem and rarely a matter of concern. The most probable diagnosis is a cervical problem. Rarely brain is involved and especially in the elder. It occurs due to compression of nerves between spine. Does this neck pain increase...  Read Full »