Q. I am suffering from dizziness and neck pain. Could it be due to brain problem?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

I recently went to the ER for dizziness. My blood work came back normal. I am a 28 year old female. The doctor told me that it was a sinus headache, but nothing seems to change. I still wake up dizzy with neck pain. There could something be wrong with my brain. I am much worried

#

• It occurs due to compression of nerves between spine. Does this neck pain increases on neck movement? Is it associated with tingling, numbness in arms or any neck trauma? If yes, then it supports the diagnosis.
  • You will need x-ray of cervical spine anteroposterior and lateral view, and further may require an MRI. Till that time, I suggest you tablet Neurobion forte once a day, which is a nerve vitamin. Also, you can get tablet Vertin (Betahistine) 8 mg prescribed for your dizziness.
  • It can also be ear problem as well. Is this dizziness positional, like increases with neck movement and better with the stable neck? If yes, then you need to get an ENT examination done.
  • Also, hemoglobin levels should be done as it is a common cause of dizziness, especially in females.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|