Q. I am suffering from dizziness and neck pain. Could it be due to brain problem?

I recently went to the ER for dizziness. My blood work came back normal. I am a 28 year old female. The doctor told me that it was a sinus headache, but nothing seems to change. I still wake up dizzy with neck pain. There could something be wrong with my brain. I am much worried

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• It occurs due to compression of nerves between spine. Does this neck pain increases on neck movement? Is it associated with tingling, numbness in arms or any neck trauma? If yes, then it supports the diagnosis.
  • You will need x-ray of cervical spine anteroposterior and lateral view, and further may require an MRI. Till that time, I suggest you tablet Neurobion forte once a day, which is a nerve vitamin. Also, you can get tablet Vertin (Betahistine) 8 mg prescribed for your dizziness.
  • It can also be ear problem as well. Is this dizziness positional, like increases with neck movement and better with the stable neck? If yes, then you need to get an ENT examination done.
  • Also, hemoglobin levels should be done as it is a common cause of dizziness, especially in females.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Why is there neck pain on turning to side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my neck whenever I turn it to the left, occurring in the back left-hand side of my neck, and this has been happening for the last six months. I am currently on no medication. I am a female, age 15, 5'5".  Read Full »

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands, upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full »