Q. My biopsy report shows low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion. Please help.

Dr. Uzma Arqam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My doctor did a biopsy and the result showed a low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion (LSIL). Acute inflammation and associated reactive change are also noted. Kindly advise.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

In your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), they have found inflammatory changes at the cervix and a low-grade intraepithelial neoplasia as well. For that, you need a colposcopy. Conservative treatment by ablation or excision of a transformational zone to send it to histopathology laboratory or close recurrent follow up without treatment. If colposcopy evaluation by endocervical biopsy and curettage is done completely and the doctor might recommend you excision, then further follow-ups by recurrent pap smear and maybe biopsies can be done, if needed.

It is better to have treatment now rather than wait further to have a more complex disease. It would be better if you could send me your description in detail with your previous medical, surgical, gynecological and obstetric history. Just word operation is not a complete description of your doctor's advice. He or she might have explained you excision or ablation of the affected area and I think you should have treatment with proper, recurrent and regular follow-ups to prevent your disease to the more advanced stage.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|