Inflammation

Why am I having a lump at the back of throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump at the back of my throat (oropharynx). When I look inside my mouth, I can see it. The veins around it are enlarged and well visible. I asked my doctor what it is, and she told me it is an enlarged lymph node. I do not fully trust it, since I cannot find any lymph nodes i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly it is an inflammation of the lymphoid adenoid tissue as it can extend downwards from the nasopharynx. Is it painful or tender to food?  Read Full »

Can pink eye spread through sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pink eye. Can I have sex with my wife as we are trying for pregnancy? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably you have conjunctivitis and that is a communicable disease. So, I would not advise you get intimate with your wife for next 2-3 days till you get better. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doc...  Read Full »

I have back problem and it is getting worse on having medications. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I need some advice on a back problem. I have it for almost two years. I went to a doctor in my area for my issue, and he took an X-rays, and it shows a mild inflammation in my lower spine. He gave me medication to bring down the swelling and told me to use it for 10 days. However, it ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mild scoliosis in the lumbar region, and there is a suspicion of inflamed sacroiliac joints (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Have you had ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), urine routine, which are the markers fo...  Read Full »

What causes postnasal drip and swollen tonsils?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46 year old female, and I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I received a kidney transplant 16 years ago. I am in a very good health, and I had no bouts of rejection. I eat well and exercise. I just started a new job in another city, so I had to move. Two months back, everyone in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Enlargement of tonsil on one side is not usually a good sign. Infectious or inflammatory causes usually cause enlargement on both sides. The constant post-nasal drip points to some cause in the sinuses. Constant post-nasal drip can act as a cause for enlargement of tons...  Read Full »

Why are the stitches in my mouth coming loose?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gum graft surgery a couple of days ago. Now, the swelling has gone down around the graft site. I am noticing that some of my stitches on one side are loose and coming out. Should I be worried about this? There is no bleeding. Otherwise, it appears to be healing. I have attached phot...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The suture or stitches are self-dissolving, then will get loosen and dissolve in the course of time. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The gum grafts are adequately placed and tight as required. You do not need to worry about it. T...  Read Full »

I had redness, inflammation and swelling in my glans penis and foreskin after sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope someone can help me. About 20 days ago, I started feeling pain after sex. I noticed part of glans penis and foreskin (near frenulum) is red, inflammed, and swollen. I thought the problem could be caused by hard and vigorous sexual acts (protected sex) I had in the previous days...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. In my opinion, your first treatment with Ciprofloxacin and Canesten (Clotrimazole) was fine, but it should be taken at least for five to seven days, and some oral antifungal has also been added for proper cure. Ultrasound will not help ...  Read Full »

I am scared to see my epiglottis as it is big and white. Is this dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor,I am scared because I can see my epiglottis, which is big and white. Is this dangerous?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal. Some people can see that. It means you have a good spacious airway and less chance of sleep apnoea.  Read Full »

What causes inflammation of the urinary meatus?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last five weeks, I have had an irritated urinary meatus opening. My urine tends to leak after I have urinated, and there is a lot of redness inside the pee hole. I have had a full STD test including HIV, and all came back negative, which was done twice. I have attached two photos...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).The opening looks normal, there is slight inflammation, but do not worry. It is good that all your blood tests and urine are clear. But, it is better to have one antibiotics course and ...  Read Full »

What causes swelling on left side of the body?

Query: Hi doctor, Four days back my right side arm, leg and foot got swollen. I am taking Levothyroxine regularly. I do not have any other issue. Please help.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Right side swelling could be due to edema, allergic inflammation or infection. I would suggest you to consult a physician and have a physical examination as soon as possible. You may need to carry out complete blood count, liver and kidney function test, hea...  Read Full »

What is the bump on the underside of the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed a large, hard lump on the underside of my tongue. It is grayish white in color and does not hurt at all. It feels like a hard ball in my tongue. Also, I have other small red bumps. I do not know how long they have been there and I just noticed it before two days. These ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hard lump under your tongue is mostly inflammation which usually gets very hard due to the structure of tongue. The bumps are formed when the inflamed tongue presses against the teeth causing that particular pattern.The inflammation of tongue usually becomes very h...  Read Full »