What are the benefits of natural remedies for chapped lips? Can almond oil, cucumber, lemon juice, coconut oil, a humidifier, sugar and honey, green tea bags and olive oil be used as natural remedies for chapped lips? I would like to know the skincare expert's view. Please suggest.
1. Coconut oil has a good emollient effect and forms a barrier over the lips that prevent further chapping. It can be used two to three times a day.
2. Olive oil is another option to treat chapped lips and help in retaining the moisture within the lips preventing further damage. It is used after washing and taking a bath.
3. Rose petals and rose water are another important remedy for chapped lips. It has antioxidant properties and due to its fragrance, it is cosmetically acceptable. It can be applied three to four times a day.
4. Lemon juice is full of vitamin C which is ascorbic acid and a very good antioxidant. It is very important in the treatment of chapped lips It can be used by mixing in a few drops of water.
5. Aloe vera is another very important home remedy for the treatment of chapped lips. It can be used along with Vaseline.
6. Vaseline (petroleum jelly) is a very good and cheap method for the treatment of chapped lips. It gives good protection and provides a barrier and retains moisture.
7. Almond oil and shea butter both can be used for the treatment of chapped lips.
8. Honey has a lot of benefits for the skin, apart from wound healing and its anti-inflammatory properties it has hydrating and moisture retention qualities which makes it excellent for treating chapped lips. It can be applied twice a day.
9. Green tea bags can also be used because their ingredients have antioxidant properties and are helpful in improving the chapping.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.