Chest Congestion

What causes persistent chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for increased heart rate and chest tightness while standing and walking?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been to four different hospitals over within a year multiple times due to health anxiety and fear of heart failure, heart attack, etc. I am dealing with a lot of muscle tension, all my muscles are tight and I am always checking my heart rate constantly. For some reason, at time...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to be due to anxiety. If all your workup is normal, there is nothing to worry about. I advise you to eat healthily, avoid fast foods, alcohol, etc. Do regular exercise, flush all the worries out of your life. There is nothing to worry about, alway...  Read Full »

Kindly sugget a remedy for short of breathe and chest tightness in postural orthostatic tachycardia.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia by my family doctor. I have been experiencing lightheadedness, fainted a few times after standing. My BP is really high 186/102 mmHg on average with a normal pulse while lying down, then as soon as I sit or stand up ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is postural orthostatic hypotension, i.e. a significant drop of blood pressure which is causing fainting and giddy kind of symptoms. To prevent this avoid sudden movements like while getting up from the bed, sit with the legs hanging on the side for a while then get...  Read Full »

Can I take Levocetirizine daily?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from allergy. I used to have runny nose, cough, difficulty in breathing when allergy increases and also occasional watery itchy eyes. I am not able to eat curd, citrus fruits and I cannot live in cold weather. Usually the allergy will start with sneezing, runny nose and the...  Read Full »

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have seasonal allergies may be due to dust, pollens, pets, etc. So, the best solution is to first find out the cause of allergy and to take preventive measures. Cetirizine can be taken but only for short durations. Gradually stop Cetirizine. You can...  Read Full »

Why is there gushing and thumping feel in the chest even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently my thyroid went up and since then, I have been feeling a gushing and thumping feeling in my chest that only happens at night. The feeling is in my upper chest. It lasts for two hours off and on. The doctor put me on Metoprolol tartrate 25 mg. He told me to cut the pill in h...  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have some trouble downloading your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I went through your symptoms, that you have been taking Metoprolol for palpitation in your chest. I can just give you some advice in terms of these symptoms. Consume ...  Read Full »

Is mild ST depression in stress echo a worrisome issue?

Query: Hello doctor, For many years now, I have sporadic pressure in my chest area, and since I never want to presume it is not heart-related. I usually get it checked out. I do have anxiety and fibromyalgia, so the most likely cause is stress and muscle strain. My last episode was about two weeks ago an...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I studied through your test results there is absolutely nothing that indicates any serious abnormality. The slight change recorded is not of much significance. From my experience as a physic...  Read Full »

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. There is no role of Tramadol and Acetaminophen in treating fever. This may help just in body pain if associated. I suppose that he should continue with Paracetamol 650 mg 6 to 8 hourly along with Amoxicillin for fever. For chest con...  Read Full »

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your chest x-ray appears normal. There is no pneumonia. What you have is an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI), mostly caused by viruses. This is a self-limited disease and usually clears up within seven days on its own. Sometimes, cough can persist a while lon...  Read Full »

What causes fluid collection in the lungs?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has pleural infection in lungs. When she was 2 years, decortication was done by open surgery. Now she is four years old. 3 days back she got fever. Though after taking antibiotic her fever subsided, x-ray report showed mild cardiomegaly with bilateral perihilar congestion. Is...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Pleural fluid collection occurs when infection persists for long time and is not responding to antibiotics. Pleural fluid collection in past does not increases the chances of collection at a later age. This time, x- ray (attachment remo...  Read Full »

Is my back pain due to a heart problem?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 43 year male. I experienced chest congestion in the first week of last month. I have consulted a cardiologist at a hospital. I have undergone TMT, 2D echo, and ECG. The doctor prescribed Modlip ASG 75. I am diabetic for past 12 years with good control (HbA1c is below 6 for past 8...  Read Full »

Dr. Sengottuvelu G

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Echo and TMT (Treadmill test) are normal. Your backache is not due to a heart problem. You can stop Aspirin and continue Statin. I suggest doing periodical Echo and treadmill test once a...  Read Full »