Chest Congestion

I have swelling in legs and chest congestion due to obesity. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, Currently, I am 25 years old and I am extremely overweight. I sit in front of my computer for long hours due to my job and I eat unhealthy foods. Before seven months, I took a four-hour flight and I started to have swelling on my feet, ankles, and legs. I got better after going home for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You will become fine hopefully and do not feel disturbed. Your BMI (body mass index) indicates obesity not overweight. These are two different parameters. There is an urgent need for you to lose weight immediately. Your heart feels congested b...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my chest tightness?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a tight banding sensation around my upper torso, chest, and neck, that came on suddenly 24 years ago and has never gone away. The intensity rises and falls, but the sensation itself never goes away. It is always there whether I am active or at rest, asleep or awake.I have had x-r...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about your symptoms: Does this banding sensation happens in the whole chest, or only in the upper part of the chest, or only in the lower part of the chest? Do you have any neck pain or upper back pain also? Do you have as...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my chest congestion and productive cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had chest congestion and coughing up sticky white phlegm for the past few months. My COVID-19 test is negative. No history of asthma. The only thing that has helped has been at first Alvesco and now Symbicort. Suppose I go off these inhalers, the phlegm increases. I take Symbicort...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the briefing regarding the problem in concern. Constant irritation in the throat with productive cough can be attributed to two major reasons. Allergic issues in the nose, wherein there is some irritative substance entering thereby nose initially produces...  Read Full »

Do mere symptoms like cough and chest tightness indicate COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old obese male. I am scared of my symptoms and want to know about them. Due to the pandemic, I do not want to go to the doctor for something that might not be COVID-19, but my symptoms from when I first started feeling unwell up to now scares me. Day 1 - I felt malais...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two things you could do, stop worrying too much and continue to take precautions. To avoid worrying, get done a few blood tests. A bit of treatment with medicines and supplements would be helpful. 1. Blood tests- CBC (complete blood count), ESR (erythrocyte sedim...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my chest pain and tightness with shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having chest pain and discomfort for four years now. I feel tightness, sometimes shortness of breath, and slight pain. It hurts the most when I lift something heavy. I have done ANA test, ECG, and blood work.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, RNP (ribonuclear protein) levels below 20 units on ELISA is negative. But if it is more than 26 units suggest positive. It is suggesting multiple connective tissue disorders like myositis, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. PM-scl also suggest that sc...  Read Full »

Why do I experience cough with chest tightness and breathing difficulty in seasons?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago because it was hard to breathe. They said it was seasonal allergies then gave me Zyrtec. Took Zyrtec for a few weeks breathing problems came back with a bad cough. I went to the doctor again they said I had a sinus infection which was causing...  Read Full »

Dr. Kavya Ramkumar

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a cough and breathing difficulty for the past few weeks, had to visit a doctor twice. I took Zyrtec the first time and antibiotics for sinus infection for the second time, right? I need further details are you having all these trouble past few weeks for...  Read Full »

What specific respiratory infection do I have with nasal and chest congestion and mucus production?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having nasal congestion for the past one week and chest congestion for the last two days. I feel like mucus is stuck at the back of the throat. No fever, running nose or cough. I am using Otrivin nasal spray for nose block. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from nasal congestion for one week and chest congestion for the last two days. According to your clinical scenarios, I think you may be suffered from respiratory tract infection. You c...  Read Full »

Will Forocort help in chest tightness and acute bronchitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. I got flu symptoms two years back and after two weeks of slight chest pain. So my doctor prescribed Foracort 200 with Montair LC. Then in a few days, I got cured. Now, I have chest tightness and mucus but not much cough, no fever, and no running nose. It is looking lik...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With history, I would suggest a few medicines for cold. Treatment: 1) Tablet. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 X 5 days. 2) Tablet Pulmoclear 1-0-1 X 5 days. 3) Tablet Montek-LC 0-0-1 X 3 days. 4) Foracort 200 twice daily for 10 days and you can stop. Kindly take t...  Read Full »

I am facing symptoms like chest tightness, shortness of breath and throat irritation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chest tightness and at times turns into pain. I feel like I am breathing into a tight chest with constricted chest wall muscles along with shortness of breath and throat tightness. The doctor said I have mild asthma and nothing he is giving me is working (Albuterol...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when your suffering from chest tightness? Is it aggravating at night or early morning? Possible causes are like: 1. Episodic asthma in which you may feel repeated episodes of chest tightness and breathing difficulty. 2. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) in w...  Read Full »

Why do I get shortness of breath and chest pain with no cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I have manageable shortness of breath, chest tightness but no cold. My x-rays are clean, and ECG is also normal. My BP looks high 140/90. Mainly, I am unable to breathe normally. I am feeling little shortness always. Currently, I am taking the last doctor's medication. I understand i...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from shortness of breath, chest tightness without any cough, and cold. Shortness of breath, chest tightness can result from some conditions which are mentioned below. Anxiety is a comm...  Read Full »