Q. I have mild chest discomfort with increased heart rate. Is this a concerning issue?

I am 36 years old, with no habits. I am feeling chest discomfort for the last three to four days. I have no swelling and no asthma, as well. Hence, I have done all the tests and would like to know the feedback from my test.

My BP was 120/80 mmHg yesterday, and today when I checked, it was 123/66 mmHg. Is this an issue? Also, I see tachycardia during the study with a heart rate is 103 bpm. Is this an issue?

#

Cardiac pain typically occurs on exertion and relieves with rest. At rest, discomfort for few seconds is usually non-cardiac, and may be related to gastric or musculoskeletal pain.

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all fine. So this discomfort is unlikely to be related to the heart. Discomfort is probably due to gastric issues, and you may try an antacid like Pantoprazole.

BP is fine, and tachycardia is not an issue. So you do not appear to have any cardiac issues as your cardiac workup is negative.

What is the frequency of Pantoprazole? Please suggest.

#

Take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once a day for five days. If you feel that your discomfort is superficial and in the chest wall, then you can also use Volini gel for local application for a few days.

|