Q. I have pain in right chest that goes through the armpit down to elbow. Why?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Aug 25, 2018

I am a 24 year old young professional. For the last three months, I have been having this sudden pain in the right chest that would go through my armpit down to my elbow. It would be so painful that I cannot move until the pain subsides. I have a sedentary lifestyle. So, it could not be strain from exercise right?

#

You have musculoskeletal pain which causes severe sharp pain especially when you move or breathe. This could be caused by exposure to direct air conditioner or fan.

Please let me know if you have any skin redness or vesicles.

I suggest applying Deep heat cream thrice daily for two weeks plus using painkillers like Ibuprofen. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

My mother is admitted with chest pain. How serious is her illness?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 62 years old, has been hospitalized for two days due to sudden sweating, chest pain and left hand pain. When she was admitted her BP was 190/110 mmHg. She is also a diabetic (150/270) and undergoing tremendous stress due to sudden personal loss. She underwent ECG and 2D ...  Read Full »

Is Your Chest Pain a Heartburn or a Heart Attack?

Article Overview: This article clears up confusion regarding chest pain due to heartburn that is frequently misunderstood to be a heart attack and the main differences between the two types of conditions. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

While heart attack and heartburn are two very different conditions, it is quite possible to confuse one with the other. A heart attack is often accompanied by chest pain, shortness of breath, weakness, paleness, and sweating. So, if you have these symptoms, and they do not subside with rest or the u...  Read Article