Chest Discomfort

Can a CT scan detect clots?

Query: Hi doctor, My roommate is in hospital with chest tightness and shortness of breath. Last week they ended up doing an angioplasty. They had not given him the results of any of the tests they had done, mostly just an x-ray and a sonogram. They found blockage in the Y of the circumflex artery and the l...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand that emergency need of modality is angiography followed by angioplasty if required. You are right CT scan also known as CT angiography is highly sensitive for detection of clot. Its efficacy is as equal as traditional angiography. Howe...  Read Full »

I have fluctuating heart rate inspite of normal EKG. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. My bpm is 31 during physical and mental exhaustion but my bpm is high of about 178 during hyperventilation and has pointless frustration. My bpm from rest to stand increases by at least 30 points but averages a 50 point increase. My resting bpm is 40, and upon...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have been suffering from seem to point to a number of possibilities. One would initially suspect a cardiac abnormality given the drastic fluctuations in your pulse rate, but that would show up on an ECG or echo tests. Since your ECG and echo tests ar...  Read Full »

What is the reason for left ribcage pain and chest discomfort in my diabetic mother?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 55 years old. She is taking Jalra-M for diabetes and Thyronorm 50 mg for thyroid daily. Her diabetes is under control with her HbA1C also under control. We had the tests four months back. Her fasting sugar is around 100 mg/dL. About 25 days back, she had a pain on the le...  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiologist, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have neither mentioned the duration of diabetes, latest fasting, PP (post prandial) blood sugar levels, HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) value or the latest TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels. Please furnish the required information, as well as, her BP (blood pr...  Read Full »

How to confirm that backache and chest discomfort is due to non-cardiac cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am living with idiopathic RVOT NSVT for over ten years now. I had my RF ablation done a 20 days ago and my ectopic, NSVT episodes have come down by 90% and I am feeling healthy generally. I had my echo, ECG, Holter, cardiac MRI. Echo, cardiac MRI are normal. Cardiac MRI was done p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your all reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your Holter monitoring suggestive of premature ventricular beats some time occasionally, sometime in bigeminy, other time in couplet or NSVT (nonsustained ventricular tachycardi...  Read Full »

Why is there gushing and thumping feel in the chest even after taking medication?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently my thyroid went up and since then, I have been feeling a gushing and thumping feeling in my chest that only happens at night. The feeling is in my upper chest. It lasts for two hours off and on. The doctor put me on Metoprolol tartrate 25 mg. He told me to cut the pill in h...  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have some trouble downloading your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I went through your symptoms, that you have been taking Metoprolol for palpitation in your chest. I can just give you some advice in terms of these symptoms. Consume ...  Read Full »

I have chest discomfort with swollen lymph nodes. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had chest discomfort for about 2 to 3 months now. It is not really in one particular area, but right now I feel like more on the left side. It is a dull, achy pain that does not really go away. I have also noticed lymph nodes swell up for about a week. I am not sure if this is ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your chest pains seem to be muscular in nature. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of pains. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains. So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If...  Read Full »

I am having pressure in chest with lots of burps. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done stress echo four months back and that was normal. I have also done ECG last week, it was also normal. I am facing some kind of pressure on the left side of the chest and feeling uncomfortable. Also having lots of burps the whole day. What to do now?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is likely related to acidity and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Also, just see if this pressure feeling worsens on applying pressure over the area, if yes then it may indicate associated musculoskeletal cause. So, it does not appear a worrisome issue. You shou...  Read Full »

Can Embeta XR 12.5 cause chest discomfort and abnormal heartbeat?

Query: Hello doctor, Before six months, I had some abnormal heartbeat. I went to the doctor and he suggested me to use Embeta XR 12.5. Now, from the past four weeks, I feel a little discomfort in the chest area and abnormal heartbeat and used the same medicine by myself. Today I took ECG and got low t-wav...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that your ECG recordings do not show any pathological changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So relax and do not worry about it. I just would like to recommend you discussing with yo...  Read Full »

I have little chest pain and my chest hurts during smoking. Do I have lung cancer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28-years-old male with 250lb. I have little pain in the chest when taking a deep breath, especially in the morning. I do not have a cough at all when I try to cough hard sometimes there is little tiny blood in my saliva, and my mouth tastes bloody. I keep smoking these two weeks ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, do not think directly about lung cancer because the possibility of it is very less. Possibility of other smoking-induced lung diseases like pleurisy, lung infection, bronchitis, etc. is more likely. So please let me know, ...  Read Full »

I have tightness in my chest, with no appetite, and nauseous the whole time. What might it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always had problems with my mental health and self-harm, but I never went to an actual professional. I left an appointment, but it is next month because I decided to go to my hometown, thinking it would make me feel better to be around people. But now I feel really sad, and I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have mentioned that you had problems regarding your mental health, though you did not clarify or shared any related symptoms that what kind of questions you experience. Also, self-harm is an extreme reaction of emotions that resulted due to either depressiv...  Read Full »