Q. Can cervical canal stenosis cause pricking pain on the left side of my chest?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am in my early forties and I had pricking pain on the left side of my chest.

My ECG shows no specific abnormality and the echocardiogram shows jerky IVS.

The cardiologist has said that it is a normal finding and has asked me to consult an orthopedic surgeon for neck pain.

My MRI shows C7 cervical canal stenosis and C5, C6 disc bulge and, my cardiologist claims that the pain is because of this only.

Should I go for another opinion?

#

I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.

Yes, your ECG (electrocardiogram) is suggestive of nonspecific changes.

I would like to see the echocardiogram and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report as well for the accurate diagnosis and advice.

However, I believe your cardiologist and I will advise you on the treatment for cervical stenosis.

The following treatment will help you a lot:

1. The tablet Flexon-MR (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, and Chlorzoxazone) one tablet twice daily for three days.
  2. The tablet Enzoflam (Diclofenac sodium, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) one tablet twice daily for three days.
  3. The tablet Tryptomer (Amitriptyline)10 mg at night.
  4. The spray Dynapar QPS (Diclofenac sodium) apply thrice daily.

However, let me make it clear that cervical stenosis will cause neck pain and not chest pain.

Kindly take the above medications, these will help in resolving both neck and chest pain.

There is nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps you.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|