Chlorination Of Water

Does chlorine kill fungus?

Query: Hello doctor, I wonder if chlorine levels in a normal swimming pool kill all the microbes. If someone with a fungal infection swims in a pool, won't it spread to others through the water?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Swimming is considered as a safe recreational activity. But that is not totally true. Chlorination of water is known to kill most of the microorganisms (which include bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites). But there are several factors ...  Read Full »

Please explain the abnormal factors in my sister's health report.

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 35 years old. She feels tired and weak. So, she went through a preventive health checkup and the following parameters are shown as not normal in her report. Regarding her medication, she takes 100 mg thyroid tablet daily. I have attached her report. Please let me know if ther...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history that you have provided for your sister it looks like she is having hypothyroidism. This requires medication such as Thyroxine as she is already taking. Tiredness and weakness are the symptoms of this thyroid disorder and dosage should be monitore...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for gray hair in children?

Query: Hello doctor, What can be the reason for hair turning white in kids? Is there any solution to this problem? I read on the internet that hair can turn white even when vitamins or iron levels are low. If supplements are taken, can this problem be reduced? What kind of diet would help?  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Graying of hair is not specifically due to a vitamin deficiency. If the rest of the body does not show any signs of a vitamin deficiency, then white hair is usually idiopathic. Many genetic and environmental factors play a role. Check if the water is polluted with sa...  Read Full »