iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPulmonology (Asthma Doctors)chronic bronchitisHow to get relief from my on-and-off wheezing?

I am suffering from on and off wheezing. How to get cured?

I am suffering from on and off wheezing. How to get cured?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At December 13, 2016
Reviewed AtFebruary 5, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 31 years old. My height is 5'5" and weight 149.91 lb. I am suffering from wheezing and finding difficulty with physical activities such as walking as well. I just moved to a new place recently. This onset of wheezing is sudden and I did not observe any trigger. But, dust, pollution and vehicle smoke are in higher level in my new place. I am mostly getting an audible wheezing and sometimes, a mild one. Many years ago, I used some inhalers and I am not using anything currently. Could you please do something earlier?


Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You seem to be suffering from acute bronchitis or a lower respiratory tract infection. So, I would advise in such scenario to get ahemogram with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and chest x-ray done. If the chest x-ray and the blood investigations show no sign of infection, then you would be treated for bronchitis. Treatment constitutes anti-allergic drugs like Levocetirizine and Montelukast and in severe cases inhalers containing like Salbutamol and steroid inhalers like Budenoside. In case of severe spasm and coughing, a steroid like Prednisolone can be used for a short course, after being sure that there is no active infection or pneumonia. If you do not have a severe cough or respiratory distress, and your chest is found clear on examination, then a cough syrup containing Salbutamol, Levocetirizine and Dextromethorphan will help you greatly.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I noticed these symptoms before 10 months and since then, the symptoms have been on and off with little or no relief. The symptoms include wheezing to a varied degree. I have not noticed cough so far. There is a general discomfort and sometimes, accomplishing simple physical tasks like walking and climbing stairs too increase wheezing. Would chest x-ray and hemogram with erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) be sufficient for diagnosis?


Welcome back to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like chronic bronchitis. You would require to get these basic investigations done and take inhaler for a few days.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Anshul Varshney
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy