Q. I have pain in ribs and breathing problems. Is it a sign of lung cancer?

Published on Jul 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

For past four weeks, I have pain in my ribs. Also, I am experiencing breathing problems. It feels like something has stuck in the heart. For, a few days pain has been decreased. But breathing problem persists. I am also experiencing pain in my lower back. The pain is massive at night times. There is no sign of a cough. Will it be a sign of lung cancer?

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Such symptoms are seen in the following conditions:

1. Heart diseases.

2. Pneumonia or Pleural Effusion.

3. Acidity or muscular pain.

Now to be on the safer side, I would recommend you to get a Chest x-ray and ECG done. Based on the reports, we would discuss the treatment apart. I hope it helps you.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

I have taken x-ray and blood tests. I am attaching it. Could you please examine and revert back the results? I am not a smoker.

#

I have evaluated your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your IgE levels are raised that favors the diagnosis of allergic bronchitis as per your symptoms. However, I could not find an ECG in the attachments. If your doctor finds that your chest is congested, he would give you antiallergic like Levocetirizine and Montelukast. He may also add up inhaler like Budamate 200 (formoterol with budesonide) Transhaler for a short course.

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Is there any chance of lung cancer if there is spitting of blood with phlegm?

Query: Hello doctor,If X-ray is clear and the person is having a good appetite and no fatigue but the person is spitting up blood with phlegm not always. Sometimes the phelgm is white and sometimes black and sometimes traces of blood in phlegm. No chest pain, no shortness of breath. Is anything to worry? I...  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now