Urticaria

Why do my temples get swollen when I chew hard food?

Query: Hi doctor, I get a swelling on the temple after chewing on hard food, for example, steak or candy. The swelling goes down after I stop eating, but the area feels numb for a long time after that. What can cause this? I have chronic urticaria and MGUS.   Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed your health query and will answer your concerns. The issues you mentioned are related to mastication (chewing). It is a process where you have to put a lot of energy, and the muscles of mastication are widely used. It seems there is some ne...  Read Full »

What are the causes for headaches and swollen feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering if anyone would know what is wrong or what other tests can be done. My ANA is 1:360, TSH is 0.5, free and total, T3 and T4 are normal. SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) is negative, Sjorgen's is negative, and thyroid ultrasound is normal. Symptoms experienced are extrem...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Firstly, let me summarize your complaints and investigations. You have symptoms of ill health which include headaches, giddiness, and swelling of feet and ankles. Positive findings on investigations are your high leukocyte count of more than...  Read Full »

I have urticaria and under RIRS treatment. Please advice homeopathic medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I have urticaria problem for the last 20 years. Initially, it started from the foot for two years then hands, now the whole body. I take Cetzine on SOS. I feel allergic once in a week, sometimes twice a week. I have digestion related problems and take antibiotic medicines when feeling ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will suggest you medicines soon. Your complaints are chronic, so it will take time to get cured completely. I need the following details. 1. When your complaint increase and decrease? 2. Is there any itching or burning sensation? 3. Any pictures of rashes or re...  Read Full »

I have chronic rashes inspite of having medicines. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a chronic rash for two months to date. It usually lasts anywhere from one hour to six hours. But it seems to go away mostly. It is worse at night. The rash tends to run mostly along both sides of my torso, my back up to my shoulders, thighs, occasionally arms and calves but...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history and attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like chronic urticaria to me. Now I would like to know, 1. Does the rash disappear on its own? 2. Does it leave any mark? 3. Try to remember that in case any new m...  Read Full »

Why do I have itching of face and chest after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, After sex, my girlfriend's face, chest and legs burn and itch. What is the cause? And what can we do for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time this has happened or every time? Are there any rashes or just itching? Kindly revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Treatment for bug bite

Query: Hello doctor,Last month I was bitten by some bed bugs. After pest control, they have been eradicated from the house. But my skin is very itchy and there are white and red spots on the full body. Can you suggest me some medicine or ointment, so the redness and itchiness fades?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This type of rash is seen not because of bed bugs but maybe you are allergic to something coming in contact. It may be so many things like your clothes, bedding or plants or some food items. For now, apply Hydrocortisone cream at day time and calamine lotion at night al...  Read Full »

Why do I get big rashes every night which disappear in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having big rashes every night and they disappear in the morning. Sometimes, I wake up with a swollen lip, I went to the hospital and they gave me an allergy injection and some drugs Promethazine and Prednisolone tablets. They stopped and I stopped taking the drugs. Now the...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is the condition called urticaria. That can be acute or may be chronic. There can be different reasons for urticaria-like infections, drugs or certain things in our foods like additives, etc., that can cause it. Most of the cases are idiopathic that is the reaso...  Read Full »

I have got bumps on face, neck and fingers. Is it allergic reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I woke up with bumps on my face and neck. It started off small and it was really itchy, so I itched the bumps and they started to get bigger. I washed my hands after and got some cream to stop it from itching. Later on, more bumps started to appear after itching my self and it...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is urticaria and you are right it is an allergic reaction. Urticaria can be due to drugs, any food material to which your body is allergic. You have to keenly observe and note the things that can flare it up or cause it. Do not worry. You will get better with proper ...  Read Full »

Are dermatographism and hives similar?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to a dermatologist last week, and she told me that I have dermographism. It started last month. How long does it take to go away? I have little bumps in my stomach such as hives, just like a pimple. I have a doubt, can hives pop like a little simple bump or only occur in clusters?...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read about your query. Your condition can be acute urticaria/ hives. It usually presents with itching. Dermographism (dermatographism) is an exaggerated urticarial response which is also called skin writing. It is usually seen in young adults with a fair comp...  Read Full »

How can I manage severe itchy skin eruptions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 70 years old with worsening skin eruptions, on upper right arm, and across the chest. It has also moved to the neck and jaw area. Extreme itchiness, which increases late at night, early morning. I have some photos. Unknown cause. Have tried some topicals, but no improveme...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern may be Pityrosporum folliculitis or Miliria rubra or cholinergic urticaria, atopic dermatitis. You can try Levocetirizine 10 mg any brand tablet once daily bedtime and Loratidine 10...  Read Full »