Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I get urinary infection on and off?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. Approximately, six to seven years back, I had urinary infection when I was sexually active with my girlfriend. I was advised to take an antibiotic course, which I did not complete at that time and the infection was not fully cured. After that incident, I used to g...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I assume that your reports have all been normal. If not, then please forward it to me. The problem is not imaginary. Such symptoms are a part of chronic pelvic pain syndrome. It might have started with an infection. Sometimes the initial trigger is not known. Even after ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for testicle pain with swollen glans and abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a symptom similar to gonorrhea and chlamydia with chronic testicles pain and swelling at the tip. Glans has a weird color, and pain under the abdomen sometimes. The urine test reveasl negative for STD. I am waiting to see a urologist and it has been for a year, now symptoms see...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hi, Welcome to From history, it seems you have pain in testicle and at the tip of glans. I need to know about frequency of urine at night, urgency to pass urine, sense of incomplete voiding? How is the flow of urine? Any straining to pass urine? Unprotected sexual exposure? Constipat...  Read Full »

I have chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Do I need physiotherapy or surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My question is regarding chronic testicular pain and the possible treatment options. For the past six months, I have experienced on and off bilateral discomfort in my testicles. It was uncomfortable but not too painful. It would go away for a couple of weeks before returning for a few ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Relax and do not worry. Yes, you are suffering from chronic orchialgia. It is a part of chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Now regarding the pelvic exercises, if you are feeling better and your pain remains only 2 or 3, then I feel you should continue it at presen...  Read Full »

I have sensitive penis, rectal pressure and pain after ejaculation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old male, with a long history of prostatitis, 3 to 4 years, no symptoms. Now a myriad of symptoms including all the following that come and go. Urgency, sensitive penis, rectal or prostate pressure, no pain but happens after ejaculation sometimes and from a bowel movemen...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hi, Welcome to From history and test report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears as CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) and not to localize prostate as the source of the problem. I would like to add anticholinergic to your alpha-blocker (Flomax) and Psyllium Hu...  Read Full »

What is the cause for frequent urination issue?

Query: Hello doctor,Three years back, I had frequent urination problem. I underwent several tests, scans, TRUS and also underwent cystoscopy twice. They found classification in prostate and termed it as prostatitis. I had consulted close to 5 doctors and some of them said it is not prostatitis. So, still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am sorry to know about your persistent problem. Prostatic calcification is a common finding and more frequently seen in elderly. It is associated with chronic prostatitis in which infection leads to calcification. However, it is not diagnostic of chronic prostatitis....  Read Full »

Can prostatitis cause the veins in my urethra to get darker and inflated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who has prostatitis. My prostatitis symptoms flared up four months ago, after eight months of partial remission. Last week, my pain got worse with cramping over my pubic bone. Now, the discomfort and cramping comes in multiple places simultaneously (perineum...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I am really sorry to know about your problems. I have gone through your MRI images and other reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and all reports are normal. Your clinical features and investigation results fit into chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS...  Read Full »

What is the reason for burning sensation and pain in penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a burning in the urethra now for over 11 months not resolved. The burning feeling is constant and is coming from the urethra part along the penis. The pain is worse after urination or ejaculation. I have had an ultrasound, DRE, urine tests, STD tests, PSA which are all normal....  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your treatment has happened on the right line, as diagnosed by the urologist you have CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome). This has many components like pain frequency dribbling lower back, buttocks pain which improved but still burning in the penis is persistent. This ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.