Q. As I am suffering from tonsillitis for three years, I do not eat properly. How to gain weight?

Dr. Prathish Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

I am suffering from tonsillitis for the past three years, so I do not eat properly. But now I eat food twice a day, each time I eat three chapatis even then do not gain weight. So kindly suggest any solution to gain weight as I also have a white discharge problem from the vagina.

#

I see that you have chronic tonsillitis, due to which you do not take food properly and lost weight. You can take protein supplements for weight gain, but have you evaluated for your tonsillitis issue? Have you done any blood investigations, consulted any ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor regarding this? If so, kindly upload the pictures for references. If not, do the investigations given below and review them back.

ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) Peripheral smear, chest x-ray, urine routine, and culture sensitivity test, free T4 (thyroxine), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

Capsule Doxycycline (Doxylin) 100 mg one tablet once in the morning and night for five days.
Tablet Flagyl (Metronidazole) 400 mg one tablet once in the morning and night for five days.
Candid cream (Canesten) for application in the vagina.
V wash lotion for application in the vagina after a bath.
Ensure protein powder two scoops with milk daily for two times.

Take more protein foods, nuts, cereals, non-veg, daily two egg whites.

|