Q. My throat hurts after I smoked for the first time. Why?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

Why does my throat hurt after smoking cigarettes for the first time?

#

Welcome to iclinic.com.

• Since your throat is not used to the smoke, which contains a large number of chemicals, it got injured and started to pain. Chronic smokers will not experience pain due to a permanent change in the cells of the throat, which resist smoke-induced injury. Your throat will recover in a few days.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|