Q. My throat hurts after I smoked for the first time. Why?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
Published on Jul 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

Why does my throat hurt after smoking cigarettes for the first time?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Welcome to iclinic.com.

• Since your throat is not used to the smoke, which contains a large number of chemicals, it got injured and started to pain. Chronic smokers will not experience pain due to a permanent change in the cells of the throat, which resist smoke-induced injury. Your throat will recover in a few days.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

What could be the reason for my constant throat irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with some irritation in my throat for the past one and a half year. I am just fed up nowadays. Also, the fear of cancer destroying me. After taking different types of antibiotics from different doctors, lastly, I took Loratadine and Dexit (Flupentixol + Melitracen) f...  Read Full »

What is third-hand smoke?

Query: Hi doctor, My question is about third-hand smoke. My husband and I do smoke and we are trying to quit. My daughter-in-law is so concerned about third-hand smoke. We are no longer allowed to see our grandchildren until we have completely quit smoking. We only smoke outside and are down to five cigare...  Read Full »