Q. I had a medical error in taking Cladribine. What can I expect?

Dr. Smrita Singh
Published on Feb 03, 2018

I had a medical error in taking Cladribine infusion within 30 minutes for four days out of seven days. The treatment is supposed to be taken 24 hours a day. What is the procedure currently required and is there any danger in the short-term and long-term and whether the treatment was taken correctly and what tests are required now? Any procedure I can do to correct this sick error? I received treatment with a dose of 7 grams mixed in 100 ml venous solution at 0.1 concentration and in half an hour for four consecutive days. Please help me rapidly.

Dr. Smrita Singh

Hematology Pathology
#

Cladribine is an antineoplastic drug used mainly in hairy cell leukemia. It is also used in other hematolymphoid malignancies. Since you have not mentioned the condition you are receiving the drug for, I am assuming that it is for hairy cell leukemia.

The main adverse effects of Cladribine are hepatotoxicity, renal impairment, and neurotoxicity.

If you have any symptoms of decreased urine output, nausea, vomiting, jaundice, tingling of hands and feet, loss of sensation, etc., please visit the emergency room immediately.

In the future, I would advise you to talk to your doctor regarding the error that occurred so that it does not happen again.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

Suffering from osteopenia and osteoarthritis. Taking AcuCal and FreeFlex. Is it safe to take SAM(S Adenosyl Methionine) to enhance mobility?

Query: Dear Doctor,  My mother is 66 years old. She is having Trigeminal Neuralgia and for which she is taking Lyrica 75mg, Tegritol CR 400 and Symbal 30. And other medication details as below: For Cholesetrol -> Storfib -10mg. For BP -> seloken xl 100mg and amlodac 5mg. For Urinary Incontinence -&g...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now