Q. Please suggest a treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

A 39 year old female patient is suffering from acute lymphoblastic leukemia. She is currently being treated at a hospital by an oncologist. I am attaching her reports. Please suggest a treatment.

#

I am sorry to hear about the patient's condition. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Lymphoblast is an abnormal form and in leukemia, premature cells are seen in the blood in increased number. So, as the blast cells were present in bone marrow study, the marker study was done and it points towards acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
  • You can be given a four to six weekly cycle of Vincristine, Prednisone, Anthracycline, and L-asparaginase like drugs.
  • BCR-ABL fusion gene, splenomegaly, t(4;11), t(1;19) etc. are associated with bad prognosis. You can discuss this with your treating oncologist.

For more information consult a hematologist online -->https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|