Q. What are the treatments for bifid uvula?

Answered by Dr. Alok Rathi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cleft Palate or Speech Therapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What are the treatments for bifid uvula?

My daughter is 1 year 5 months old. She has bifid uvula. Doctors observed her and said that she has to undergo surgery. As she is too young her doctor said we can do this at any time at any of her age. We are worried with the term surgery. I would like to know, is surgery the only option for her? Do we have any other alternative method to treat it? Doctor said that she can speak well but will have issues only while speaking some characters. How is this surgery? Will it be panic for baby or a simple one? Need your help. Thank you.