Q. Kindly explain how clitoris helps orgasm.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I want to know a few things about the clitoris.

1. How does the clitoris work and how it helps women orgasm?

2. What kind of signals does it send to the brain?

3. What are the psychological effects it might have?

4. Why people tend to misunderstand the most about it?

#

The clitoris is a substitute for the male organ in the female. It has some tissues similar to that of male organ but not that much active. It has receptors that can be stimulated by touch on having sex, especially at foreplay. During foreplay, these receptors when get stimulated can initiate local lubrication and prepare the vagina for better sex by having secretions locally.

In a few women, the clitoris is too sensitive while in some it is less. But it is sensitive to touch, increase lubrication in the process of orgasm to have penetrative sex. Some women feel this process like masturbation.

|