Q. I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Jun 02, 2018

Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a STD or not.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It could be sexually transmitted disease. Have one vaginal swab to check in the laboratory to exactly know the organism of infection. Have a strict hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to prevent transmission of infection. After collection of vaginal swab start tablet Doxycycline 100 mg 12 hourly and table Metronidazole 400 mg eight hourly for seven days. Follow result of swab and discuss here or with a local gynecologist. Sit in warm water to reduce irritation. You can have tablet Postan (Mefenamic acid) for pain eight hourly.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

ABC of HIV Prevention - Safe Sex and Condoms

Article Overview: HIV affects the immune system and makes the body susceptible to various deadly infections. Read the article to understand ways you can prevent getting infected. Read Article

HIV AIDS Specialist

What Is HIV? HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is one of the most serious and deadly diseases of the modern era. Here, we talk about safeguarding ourselves from this disease. How Is HIV Transmitted? HIV can be transmitted in three main ways. Whenever there is HIV, all three routes of transmissio...  Read Article

Why am I having frequent yellow-green vaginal discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from yellowish green vagina discharge. I have been to several doctors and they have done urine tests, vaginal swab. But nothing helped and have been given medication for a bacterial infection, yeast infection. The symptoms just keep coming back. I will attach a p...  Read Full »

I have no STD symptoms. Should I still get tested before I meet my wife?

Query: Hello doctor,Due to work, I have been away from my wife for more than two years. I had a few sexual encounters with sex workers here. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex twice last year, protected oral sex and protected vaginal sex once last year, unprotected oral sex and protected ...  Read Full »