Q. Why are my hands and feet cold and sweaty always?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

I am a 30 year old male, who weighs 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I have been looking for my symptoms after watching a TV show. I know some things are not right with me, and I have been curious to find the cause. It could be one or more problems. Here is what is going on. I have cold hand and feet, sweaty hands and feet, many bumps in the arms, mainly right arm, sand paper hair since a young age, and my feet get numb and eventually very painful when walking. I have severe vitamin D deficiency, and my eyelids are always half closed. I have low metabolism, and I experience a lot of teeth problems. I might have osteoporosis. What is causing all this? Is it tumors or parasites or a neurological problem?

#

Cold and sweaty hands and feet can happen in heart failure, anxiety, hyperthyroidism and shock.

Numb feet, which are painful while walking can be due to neuropathy, nerve root compression at lumbosacral spine, or arterial occlusion in legs.

The half closed eyelids can be ptosis, or something else.

I suggest you get the following tests done:

1. Thyroid profile.
  2. ECG (electrocardiogram).
  3. Serum vitamin B12.
  4. NCV (nerve conduction velocity) of all four limbs.
  5. Repetitive nerve stimulation test.

Since when you are having these problems? Do you have any impending doom, palpitation, breathlessness? I suggest you meet a neurologist in-person for proper clinical examination and better judgment.

Revert with more information to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|