Q. I fell sick on a trip abroad. What should I do?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

I am currently abroad on a trip. Suddenly, I got cold sweats, headaches, and phlegmy coughs. I then puked and got mostly better. I just saw blood in my stool, but I feel fine now. What to do?

#

I have gone through your question and understood your concerns.

• Probably, you are suffering from gastroenteritis. That has caused the vomiting and the bloody stools. It is mostly due to a protozoal infection. So, I suggest you take Flagyl two tablets three times daily for five days.
  • If you experience nausea or vomiting again, then you can use Metoclopramide (Primperan) when needed.
  • A phlegmy cough could be due to a weather change. So, you can take an antihistamine such as Cetirizine once daily before going to bed.
  • For the headache, you can use Ibuprofen tablets when needed. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|