Q. I catch cold every morning after I wake up. Is it normal?

Dr. Akanksha Srivastava

I am 21 years old. I am having a cold every morning when I wake up and as the day goes by it continues to reduce simultaneously. This has been happening to me for the past two years. I need some lifetime precautions for this. For the past two years, I have been taking Marijuana daily.

Dr. Akanksha Srivastava

#

As you said you are suffering from the cold in the morning only and it subsides in the day, it means you are allergic. You should improve first your immunity as it plays an important role in the allergy. It is the best way to fight allergy. I am prescribing you a remedy for such an allergy. At night before going to bed take a glass of milk, add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a half pinch of black pepper. In it, boil this mix and when it remains half, take this in warm temperature. Do not take water after this. There are some medicines also which enhance immunity but you should take the whole treatment at least for 2 to 3 months. If interested, then, can ask in next follow up. Have a citrus Vitamin C rich fruit daily. As much as you eat fruits and veggies, your immunity will be improved and reduce allergic condition.

Allergic rhinitis.

| 

What can cause itch, redness and pain at the tip of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy and reddish private part since last two months. I have pain at the tip of penis and during intercourse. I consulted a doctor, he suggested me AF-Kit. After taking this for one month it was just perfect. The symptoms returned again. I tried AF-Kit, but this time, the symptoms...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

Are cold with chest pain and fatigue symptoms of pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Sh...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now