Q. I have cold with chest pain and fatigue. Can it be due to pneumonia?

Dr. Magesh T

I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Should I be concerned?

#

Just saw your letter that you been having a difficulty breathing and you are concerned about pneumonia. I would like to get some more information in terms of fever, difficulty breathing, bringing up sputum. Is it yellow color or white color. If you are having all the symptoms you have to get chest X-ray and medications. We will have to take Paracetamol 650 mg three times a day, antibiotics Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid 625 milligrams twice daily for five days and take a tablet Fexofenadine 120 milligram at night for five days. In addition, you can take tablet Pantocid 40 mg 30 minutes before food for five days. Despite all this medication, if you continue to have a fever and the symptoms are not better, seek medical attention from a nearby doctor.

|