Q. I have cold with chest pain and fatigue. Can it be due to pneumonia?

Dr. Magesh T
Published on Feb 26, 2019

I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Magesh T

#

Just saw your letter that you been having a difficulty breathing and you are concerned about pneumonia. I would like to get some more information in terms of fever, difficulty breathing, bringing up sputum. Is it yellow color or white color. If you are having all the symptoms you have to get chest X-ray and medications. We will have to take Paracetamol 650 mg three times a day, antibiotics Amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid 625 milligrams twice daily for five days and take a tablet Fexofenadine 120 milligram at night for five days. In addition, you can take tablet Pantocid 40 mg 30 minutes before food for five days. Despite all this medication, if you continue to have a fever and the symptoms are not better, seek medical attention from a nearby doctor.

Is bronchoscopy and tube necessary in a pneumonia patient with COPD?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is in the hospital fighting pneumonia and has COPD. His latest X-ray has shown some improvement. The X-ray shows he has an extensive airspace and interstitial opacities in the left lung and patchy opacity in the right lower lung. The plan is to do a bronchoscopy and use a tube...  Read Full >>

Dr. Harsha D S
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the history of your father's illness you have provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The X-ray reports are suggestive of pneumonia. At this stage, on initial antibiotics and supportive treatment, if he has not improved, broncho...  Read Full

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Chest pain might be due to many reasons other than heart problem (primarily pleuritis - swelling of the lung membrane due to infection). Get your CBC (Complete Blood Count) and chest x-ray done to rule out this cause. Do massage on the affected area with a pain relievi...  Read Full